AcceleDent®Aura with SoftPulse Technology® releases a safe and effective light force pulse that transmits through the roots of your teeth to the surrounding bone. This helps accelerate the cellular response and speeds the rate with which your teeth can move. When used in conjunction with orthodontics, AcceleDent®Aura has been clinically proven to move teeth up to 50% faster.
How It works
AcceleDent® works by inserting a special mouthpiece with the pulse activator for 20 minutes a day. Acceledent® uses gentle micropulses, called SoftPulse Technology® along with your existing braces which enables rapid tooth movement and decreases the duration of your orthodontic treatment. This patented technology will very gently vibrate making it so that your teeth can easily and smoothly shift into their correct position.
AcceleDent® is simple & easy to use.
- Simply press the removable mouthpiece into the activator
- Bite down firmly enough to hold the device in place and turn it on
- Relax while you watch TV, read a book or listen to music during the required 20 minutes to use AcceleDent® to function effectively.
Device Description Break Down
AcceleDent® Aura, developed by OrthoAccel Technologies, Inc. (“OrthoAccel”), consists of a mouthpiece and activator assembly that provides a light vibration to the teeth, as well as a travel case for ease of carrying the mouthpiece and activator. Combined with your doctor’s diagnosis and prescription for orthodontic care, AcceleDent® Aura helps your current orthodontic treatment work faster. It does this by generating small vibrations called micropulses to gently accelerate the movement of your teeth as they are guided by your orthodontics.
Patients will undergo a thorough examination that includes x-rays and images. Your orthodontist will take impressions of your teeth to determine a customized treatment plan. When the patient feels comfortable and ready to move forward with the proper orthodontic care, AcceleDent® Aura will be provided to assist and ensure the acceleration process begins. Your orthodontic expert will schedule personalized follow-up visits to assess your progress. There is no established amount of set visits as this will vary depending on treatment from patient to patient.
For optimal results, Acceledent® Aura is typically used once daily for the full allotted time of 20 minutes unless otherwise instructed by your orthodontist. The success of your smile is right around the corner!
The Beneﬁts of Acceledent® Aura
Numerous studies have demonstrated AcceleDent® Aura’s benefits in safely speeding up tooth movement. When used as directed in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, it offers benefits including:
- Offers an enhancement to conventional braces that accelerates your orthodontic treatment
- Does not interfere or affect routine brushing and flossing tasks
- May be added to the standard orthodontic treatment your orthodontist prescribes; it does not have to be used with a specific treatment
- Known to improve oral hygiene habits during treatment since it is used daily
- Faster tooth movement without sacrificing aesthetics
- Can be used with both teen and adult patients
- Can reduce your orthodontic treatment time up to 50%
- It is lightweight and comfortable
- Hands-free design allows you the freedom to read, watch TV or complete work
Ideal AcceleDent® Aura Candidates Include:
- Someone who is interested in quickly obtaining the aesthetic, functional and health-related benefits of orthodontic care
- Someone undergoing or preparing to undergo orthodontic treatment and are seeking a shorter treatment time span.
- A consultation with Dr. Jacquie Smiles is required for anyone who is considering Acceledent® Aura
With this new technology, Dr. Jacquie Smiles can provide orthodontic treatment options for correcting and straightening teeth much quicker than ever before!
Safe and Gentle
AcceleDent® Aura is cleared by the FDA and has been demonstrated safe and reliable in U.S. clinical trials. AcceleDent® Aura’s vibration is a reasonable and safe approach for accelerating tooth movement. In fact, the force applied to teeth during ordinary chewing is at least 200x greater than the force applied with AcceleDent® Aura (5000g chewing vs. 25g AcceleDent® Aura).
Also, many orthodontists and patients have reported that AcceleDent® Aura reduces discomfort associated with tooth movement from orthodontic treatment.
To learn more about accelerated orthodontics from AcceleDent® Aura, please visit one of our orthodontic treatment centers in various locations through the NYC/NJ area.